- 1 What is the best month to visit Singapore?
- 2 When should you avoid Singapore?
- 3 What is the rainy season in Singapore?
- 4 What is the cheapest month to visit Singapore?
- 5 Is Singapore expensive to visit?
- 6 Which is the best location to stay in Singapore?
- 7 Do and don’ts in Singapore?
- 8 What should I avoid in Singapore?
- 9 What’s the coldest month in Singapore?
- 10 Is it cheap to eat out in Singapore?
- 11 What should I wear in Singapore?
- 12 Is Singapore hotter than India?
- 13 Is Singapore safe to visit?
What is the best month to visit Singapore?
Although Singapore is a year-round destination, the best time to visit Singapore is from December to June. The months of February to April fall within Singapore’s dry season and is typically when the country has the least amount of rain, the lowest humidity, and the most sunshine.
When should you avoid Singapore?
For more enjoyable sightseeing; however, you may want to avoid going between May and September (May and June in particular), as the heat is at its peak and the smoke and haze that is produced from clearing fires that burn in Sumatra may cause eye and throat irritation; many residents wear masks when particle levels
What is the rainy season in Singapore?
Singapore’s climate is characterised by two monsoon seasons separated by inter-monsoonal periods (see table below). The Northeast Monsoon occurs from December to early March, and the Southwest Monsoon from June to September.
What is the cheapest month to visit Singapore?
Weather and prices Best time to visit Singapore, weatherwise: March to August. Cheapest time to visit Singapore: Look for flight and hotel deals from July to August as they’re the country’s slowest months for tourism.
Is Singapore expensive to visit?
Singapore is in the top 10 most expensive cities to live in in Asia, but that doesn’t necessarily mean Singapore is too expensive to visit. With the rise of budget airlines and fare wars between airlines, Singapore can be affordable to travel to from the United States and Europe.
Which is the best location to stay in Singapore?
Singapore’s 9 Best Areas To Stay In
- Orchard Road (black)
- Colonial / Historic District (green)
- Marina Bay (blue)
- The Quays – Clarke, Robertson & Boat (turquoise)
- Bugis & Kampong Glam (purple)
- Chinatown (red)
- Little India (yellow)
- Sentosa Island (pink)
Do and don’ts in Singapore?
Do’s and don ‘ ts while in Singapore
- DO be respectful and conservative. Try to be as conservative as you can to respect the locals.
- DON ‘ T smoke in public.
- DO use public transportation.
- DON ‘ T chew gum.
- DO address people with their titles.
- DON ‘ T jaywalk.
- DO carry cash.
- DON ‘ T litter.
What should I avoid in Singapore?
Things Tourists Should Avoid Doing in Singapore
- Dropping litter.
- Importing chewing gum.
- Ordering food without agreeing a price.
- Vandalism (even if it’s meant to be art)
- Smoking outside the designated areas.
- Being insensitive to the multicultural society.
- Eating on trains and buses.
What’s the coldest month in Singapore?
The average temperature is between 25 degrees Celsius and 31 degrees Celsius. Thunderstorms occur on 40% of all days. Relative humidity is in the range of 70% – 80%. April is the warmest month, January is the coolest month and November is the wettest month.
Is it cheap to eat out in Singapore?
Eat local Singapore may be home to a myriad of pricey fine-dining restaurants, but hit the hawker stalls for equally delicious food at a fraction of the cost. Some have even been bestowed with a coveted Michelin star; you won’t find a cheaper meal with the accolade anywhere else in the world!
What should I wear in Singapore?
BEST MATERIAL TO WEAR IN SINGAPORE The rule of thumb is to keep clothing light, cool and comfortable. Natural fabrics are the best as they are breathable and will keep you cooler amidst the high humidity. Choose cotton, linen, cotton blends and silk fabrics, which absorb perspiration and are breathable and comfortable.
Is Singapore hotter than India?
But as a general rule of thumb, there is about a 50 degree range of temperature in India. In other words, during winters, temperatures can descend to 10ºC (50ºF). And in the summer, temperatures can climb as high as 40ºC (104ºF). But overall, Singapore appears to be hotter throughout the entire year than India is.
Is Singapore safe to visit?
Singapore is an extremely safe and clean city. You can travel to any parts of Singapore alone anytime of the year, regardless of gender. However, do keep a lookout for foreigners in Singapore, the locals are safe. Justice in Singapore can be swift and harsh.