- 1 Can I donate books to the library Singapore?
- 2 How do I dispose of books in Singapore?
- 3 Where do I give away books?
- 4 Does National Library accept book donation?
- 5 What can you do with unwanted books?
- 6 Where is the best place to donate used books?
- 7 How do you recycle clothes in Singapore?
- 8 What do you do with old school books?
- 9 How do I dispose of bulky items in Singapore?
- 10 Are charity shops taking books?
- 11 Can Bras be donated to Goodwill?
- 12 How do I get rid of books when I move?
- 13 Who should I donate to now?
- 14 Which charity will collect clothes?
Can I donate books to the library Singapore?
The National Library Board (NLB) has Book Exchange Corners at certain library branches. Here, you can drop off your old books for other people to bring home. Simply bring your books down and load up the designated shelves.
How do I dispose of books in Singapore?
Some of the best places to donate used books in Singapore include the Salvation Army and the Singapore Council of Women’s Organisations (SCWO). You’ll find numerous drop off sites across the country, and you may want to call ahead to inquire about a donation centre’s operating hours and accepted items.
Where do I give away books?
If you’re feeling generous, donating your used books can be a great way to find them a loving home.
- Libraries. Libraries usually accept donations and sell those books in a Friends of the Library fundraiser.
- Local thrift stores. Goodwill accepts a lot more than clothes.
- Prisons. Prisons desperately need used books.
Does National Library accept book donation?
We welcome donations of published and unpublished works that will enrich our collection, but unfortunately are not able to accept everything. Please read the information below to find out more about the materials we are looking for in particular.
What can you do with unwanted books?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Where is the best place to donate used books?
Best Places to Donate Used Books
- Reputable Charities.
- Local Faith-Based Organizations.
- Your Neighborhood Thrift Store.
- Local Museums & Other Cultural Organizations.
- Prison Libraries & Literacy Programs.
- Armed Forces Charities.
- Domestic & International Public Literacy Programs.
How do you recycle clothes in Singapore?
Check out these places in Singapore to donate and recycle your old clothes, so you know for sure that these clothes get a second life. Recycle
- Greensquare. Greensquare provides free textile recycling services to households and organisations in Singapore.
- Wing Tai Retail.
What do you do with old school books?
12 Ways to Recycle Old Textbooks
- Sell your books: This is probably the first thing you’re going to think of.
- Donate your books: There will always be someone else who needs the book you once used.
- Ship your books:
- Recycle your books:
- Trade your books:
- Make a free book box:
- Decorate with books:
- Rent books:
How do I dispose of bulky items in Singapore?
For removal of bulky item(s) for disposal, please contact the public waste collector (PWC) serving your estate. The removal of bulky items will be at a separate fee. Alternatively, you may engage any licensed waste collector to provide the removal service.
Are charity shops taking books?
Oxfam. They have many stores in Central and Greater London, and accept most unwanted goods, all of which can be re-homed using their charity stores or through their online Oxfam store. Either way, your books will have a new home.
Can Bras be donated to Goodwill?
Though donation guidelines vary by location, some may accept and sell clean, gently worn bras in their stores. Contact your local Goodwill to see if bras are an approved item are on their list. If you’re willing to donate your bras, chances are good that your relatives and friends would be willing to do the same.
How do I get rid of books when I move?
If you’re moving far away, you could give them the book as a leaving gift; it gives them something to remember you by until they see you again. You could create a list of the books you want to give away and share them in a group chat or with individual people.
Who should I donate to now?
The five best COVID-19 charities to support
- World Central Kitchen.
- Crisis Text Line.
- Heart to Heart International.
- The New York Times Neediest Cases Fund.
- Relief International.
- Best animal charity to donate to: American Humane.
- Best cancer charity to donate to: Cancer Research Institute.
Which charity will collect clothes?
TRAID offers free home collections picking up unwanted clothes direct from your door, direct to the charity. It’s the ultimate in convenience as pick ups are scheduled to suit and it’s perfect if you have lots of clothes to donate in one go.