- 1 Where can I donate textbooks in Singapore?
- 2 What do you do with old school books?
- 3 What can you do with unwanted books?
- 4 How do I donate books to Singapore National Library?
- 5 Will Amazon buy back textbooks?
- 6 Should I keep old textbooks?
- 7 What to do with old books you can’t sell?
- 8 Who will take second hand books?
- 9 Where is the best place to donate used books?
- 10 Is it better to donate to Salvation Army or Goodwill?
- 11 How do I dispose of books in Singapore?
- 12 Can I donate books to my local library?
- 13 Where can I return library books in Singapore?
Where can I donate textbooks in Singapore?
Here’s a compilation of charities and organisations where you can donate books in Singapore.
- Dignity Mama.
- Books Beyond Borders.
- Help a Child – Donate a Book.
- FairPrice Share-A-Textbook Project.
- Marymount Youth Network Book Donation Drive 2020.
- Sony’s South Africa Mobile Library Project (SAMLP)
- Migrant Library Singapore.
What do you do with old school books?
12 Ways to Recycle Old Textbooks
- Sell your books: This is probably the first thing you’re going to think of.
- Donate your books: There will always be someone else who needs the book you once used.
- Ship your books:
- Recycle your books:
- Trade your books:
- Make a free book box:
- Decorate with books:
- Rent books:
What can you do with unwanted books?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
How do I donate books to Singapore National Library?
National Library Board The National Library Board (NLB) has Book Exchange Corners at certain library branches. Here, you can drop off your old books for other people to bring home. Simply bring your books down and load up the designated shelves. Branches with Book Exchange Corners can be found across the island.
Will Amazon buy back textbooks?
Amazon. Pros: The online retail giant will buy back almost every book imaginable through its Textbooks Trade-In program. When logged in, Amazon populates the buyback page with suggestions to sell of previous Amazon purchases. You can, though, trade in other books with an ISBN, and shipping is included.
Should I keep old textbooks?
In short, you don’t need to keep every single textbook you ever use, but you should not get rid of all of them, either. Keep the books you think will be useful to you in the future, but donate or sell back the books you will no longer need.
What to do with old books you can’t sell?
If there’s no way you can sell or give away your books, contact your local council or recycling centre and ask if they can do anything to help recycle your books. Don’t throw them in your recycling bin; they need a specialist recycler to look at them to judge whether they’re recyclable.
Who will take second hand books?
London Charity Shops That Take Book Donations
- London Children’s Book Project. The books donated to this foundation are cleaned and sorted by age and topic before being distributed to their partner organisations.
- Books for London. This one is pretty cool.
- Octavia Foundation.
- British Heart Foundation.
- Fara Charity Shops.
Where is the best place to donate used books?
Best Places to Donate Used Books
- Reputable Charities.
- Local Faith-Based Organizations.
- Your Neighborhood Thrift Store.
- Local Museums & Other Cultural Organizations.
- Prison Libraries & Literacy Programs.
- Armed Forces Charities.
- Domestic & International Public Literacy Programs.
Is it better to donate to Salvation Army or Goodwill?
Salvation Army is the best to donate because the clothing, money, and goods do directly to those in need. Goodwill certainly helps those in need, but there is also a number of executives that earn money from the sales of donated clothing and goods.
How do I dispose of books in Singapore?
Some of the best places to donate used books in Singapore include the Salvation Army and the Singapore Council of Women’s Organisations (SCWO). You’ll find numerous drop off sites across the country, and you may want to call ahead to inquire about a donation centre’s operating hours and accepted items.
Can I donate books to my local library?
Your local library can provide acceptable donation guidelines. Most public libraries in the United States accept gift books with the proviso that the library is free to decide whether to keep the book in the library’s collection, put it in a book sale to raise funds for the library, or discard it.
Where can I return library books in Singapore?
Library members can return books borrowed from the LLiBrary at any of the 27 Public Libraries, and vice versa. Users can also reserve the LLiBrary’s materials via the NLB catalogue and collect them from any public library, except [email protected]