- 1 What is a CDP account?
- 2 Do I need a CDP account to trade?
- 3 How do I log into a CDP account?
- 4 How do I create an online CDP account?
- 5 How do I check if I have a CDP account?
- 6 What age can open CDP account?
- 7 Can I trade without a broker?
- 8 How can I invest in Singapore with little money?
- 9 How can I check my CDP account online?
- 10 How do I get my CDP statement?
- 11 How do I sell shares in CDP?
- 12 How do I find my SGX account?
- 13 What is the difference between CDP and custodian?
- 14 How do I open a SGX account?
What is a CDP account?
A CDP account, operated by SGX, provides an integrated clearing, settlement and depository facilities for customers in the Singapore securities market, including both equities and fixed income instruments. Simply put, whether you’re buying bonds or stocks, you need a CDP account to proceed.
Do I need a CDP account to trade?
Whether it’s something as simple as Singapore Savings Bonds or trading stocks on SGX, you’ll need to have a Central Depository or CDP account in order to proceed. If you’re investing through a brokerage, note that brokerages will also give you the option of trading with a nominee account.
How do I log into a CDP account?
Access CDP Internet using Singpass
- Install the Singpass Mobile app.
- Scan the QR code that will be shown on the CDP Internet login page.
- Confirm the login in the Singpass mobile app.
- SGX Mobile users can tap on the Singpass Mobile QR code.
How do I create an online CDP account?
Online Application Guide (Singaporeans and PR)
- Log In MyInfo.
- Go to the SGX website:
- Go to Securities.
- Scroll down to ‘Apply for CDP Securities Account’
- Read the instructions and click on ‘Online Application’
- Click on ‘Sign up using MyInfo’
- Click ‘Proceed’ after you have fulfilled the criteria listed.
How do I check if I have a CDP account?
Call SGX Hotline at 6535 7511; Choose self-help Option 1 to check CDP account number; Enter NRIC/Malaysian IC/Passport number and CDP registered mobile number; and. Once verified by the system, the CDP account number will be sent via SMS to the mobile phone.
What age can open CDP account?
To open a CDP account, you must first meet the following criteria: Must be 18 years old.
Can I trade without a broker?
You can invest in the Share Market without a broker also. Another option of investing in the stock market with any broker is through the Direct Stock Purchase Plan (DSPP).
How can I invest in Singapore with little money?
Investment tips for beginners
- Channel a portion of your salary to investment through an automated platform.
- Open a central depository account.
- Start with low-risk bonds.
- Go for low-capital Exchange-Traded Funds.
- Reorganise your CPF account for higher interest rate returns.
How can I check my CDP account online?
To view your portfolio, log in using Singpass or CDP Internet User ID and password. CDP Internet
- Step 1: Complete the Apply for CDP Services form.
- Step 2: Mail the signed form to CDP’s address indicated on the form.
- Step 3: Receive a notification from CDP once your application is processed.
How do I get my CDP statement?
If you do not want to wait for your statement to arrive by mail, you can opt to receive e-statements and email notifications via CDP Internet. Alternatively, you can check your security holdings through CDP Phone. CDP provides transaction confirmations (via CDP Notifications) and e-statements through CDP Internet.
After successfully linking your CDP account, you’re ready to sell your CDP shares with your FSMOne account.
- Navigate to “Live Trading” and search for the stock you wish to sell.
- Click “Sell” on the stock you want to sell to open the Order Pad. Enter the trade details and select “Sell from CDP”.
How do I find my SGX account?
Register your FIN using Myinfo
- Call SGX Hotline at +65 6535 7511;
- Select your preferred language option;
- Select Option 1 to check for your CDP account number;
- Select Option 1 to receive your individual CDP account number via SMS;
- Enter the numeric digits of your NRIC/Malaysian IC/Passport number and confirm your entry;
What is the difference between CDP and custodian?
For stocks held in your CDP account, you legally own a share of the company and would be invited to attend and vote during AGMs, and receive other forms of shareholder communication. For custodian accounts, your brokerage firm will be the ones notifying you regarding any corporate actions.
How do I open a SGX account?
Open a trading account online anytime at your own convenience. Simply log in via your DBS/POSB iBanking account to complete your application online. If you wish to trade in Singapore securities market, you are required to open a Central Depository (CDP) account.