- 1 How long is the bus ride from Singapore to Penang?
- 2 How do I get from Singapore to Penang?
- 3 Is there a train from Singapore to Penang?
- 4 What is the best month to visit Penang?
- 5 Is it safe to travel to Penang?
- 6 Which is better Langkawi or Penang?
- 7 How many days do you need in Penang?
- 8 Can you catch a train from Singapore to Thailand?
- 9 How can I travel from Singapore to Thailand?
- 10 How can I go to Penang from Bangkok?
- 11 Is there a train from Singapore to Malaysia?
- 12 How long does it take to go from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur?
- 13 What is the best way to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore?
- 14 Why did Malaysia eject Singapore?
How long is the bus ride from Singapore to Penang?
The distance from Singapore to Penang by bus is 700 km. Singapore to Penang bus travel time takes between 7-8 hours.
How do I get from Singapore to Penang?
How to go to Penang from Singapore
- Woodlands Train Checkpoint – JB Sentral. At Woodlands Train Checkpoint, where your train journey starts, take the KTM shuttle train to JB Sentral.
- From JB Sentral to Gemas.
- From Gemas to KL Sentral.
- From KL Sentral to Butterworth.
- From Butterworth to Georgetown( Penang Island) by Ferry.
Is there a train from Singapore to Penang?
There is one daily train from Singapore to Penang ( the Ekspres Rakyat ) that now leaves from JB Sentral railway station (just north of Singapore) in the morning and takes approximately 13 hours to reach Penang’s railway station on the mainland at Butterworth.
What is the best month to visit Penang?
Best Time to Visit Penang
- November to January: This is the best time to go to Penang as the weather is very pleasant and conducive for sightseeing.
- February to April: This is a quieter time to visit Penang as many of the tourists have left after the New Year celebrations.
Is it safe to travel to Penang?
Penang’s greatest safety issue is petty crime such as pickpocketing, purse snatching, and other types of petty thefts. All in all, Penang is generally safe for travelers, since it is locals who are often the targets of crime. Experienced tourists will encounter almost no problems in Penang.
Which is better Langkawi or Penang?
Personally I prefer Penang – more to do and better food. Langkawi is nice for a relaxing holiday and exploring the surrounding islands. So It depends on what you want to do. Georgetown in Penang is more of a business area and not the beach area – Batu Ferringi is, which is very pleasant.
How many days do you need in Penang?
A five-day stay is ideal for Penang – you can explore further afield as well as enjoy Georgetown, with its awesome food, great street art and generally pleasant vibe! We absolutely loved Penang and could have spent longer than 3 nights there for sure.
Can you catch a train from Singapore to Thailand?
The train ride from Singapore to KL, Penang, southern Thailand & Bangkok is an epic 1,920 km or 1,233 miles, incredibly cheap & perfectly safe. You don’t have to do the whole trip, the train is great just for travel between Singapore & KL, or between KL & Penang.
How can I travel from Singapore to Thailand?
Singaporeans can visit Thailand for a period of up to 30 days without a visa for each entry by air, rail or sea. The stay for travellers entering through land border checkpoints cannot exceed 15 days per visit.
How can I go to Penang from Bangkok?
If you are planning to travel from Bangkok to Penang, you have a choice of transport, with the fastest way being flying ( less than two hours ), or by taking an overnight sleeper train from Hualamphong to Padang Besar, or a bus via Hat Yai.
Is there a train from Singapore to Malaysia?
There is no direct train from Singapore to anywhere in Malaysia other than Johor Bahru, so your starting point will always be JB Sentral (the building opposite City Square JB). You can get there any way you like, including a 5-minute train ride from Woodlands Train Checkpoint.
How long does it take to go from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur?
If you choose to take a road trip form Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, the way there is pretty easy, but it will take you about 3 hours and 30 minutes to arrive and you should expect tolls and be prepared for the border crossing with your passport and proper documents.
What is the best way to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore?
What is the best way of transport from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore? The best way of transport from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore is to travel by plane. There are a lot of direct flights of various airlines from Asia. There are low-cost flights but also luxury expensive flights.
Why did Malaysia eject Singapore?
On 9 August 1965, Singapore separated from Malaysia to become an independent and sovereign state. The separation was the result of deep political and economic differences between the ruling parties of Singapore and Malaysia, which created communal tensions that resulted in racial riots in July and September 1964.