- 1 How can I go to Penang from Singapore?
- 2 Can I travel from Malaysia to Singapore by bus?
- 3 Is there a train from Singapore to Penang?
- 4 Is Singapore bigger than Penang?
- 5 Is Singapore a country?
- 6 How much is the bus fare from Malaysia to Singapore?
- 7 What is the best way to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore?
- 8 How long does it take from Malaysia to Singapore by bus?
- 9 What is the best month to visit Penang?
- 10 How many days do you need in Penang?
- 11 Is it safe to travel to Penang?
- 12 Can I go to Malaysia from Singapore without visa?
- 13 Is Thailand cheaper than Malaysia?
- 14 What is the best bus from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur?
How can I go to Penang from Singapore?
How to go to Penang from Singapore
- Woodlands Train Checkpoint – JB Sentral. At Woodlands Train Checkpoint, where your train journey starts, take the KTM shuttle train to JB Sentral.
- From JB Sentral to Gemas.
- From Gemas to KL Sentral.
- From KL Sentral to Butterworth.
- From Butterworth to Georgetown(Penang Island) by Ferry.
Can I travel from Malaysia to Singapore by bus?
The journey by bus from KL to Singapore takes between 5 and 7 hours depending on traffic, which includes a stop for the customs checkpoint and often a stop at JB. Some services offer an express service, stopping only at customs, but some services will stop for a refreshment break for around 20 minutes on route.
Is there a train from Singapore to Penang?
There is one daily train from Singapore to Penang ( the Ekspres Rakyat ) that now leaves from JB Sentral railway station (just north of Singapore) in the morning and takes approximately 13 hours to reach Penang’s railway station on the mainland at Butterworth.
Is Singapore bigger than Penang?
With an area of 293 km2 (113 sq mi), slightly ⅓ the size of Singapore, Penang Island is the fourth-largest island in Malaysia.
Is Singapore a country?
Singapore is a sunny, tropical island in Southeast Asia, off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula. Singapore is a city, a nation and a state.
How much is the bus fare from Malaysia to Singapore?
The bus fare for bus from KL to Singapore is ranging from RM 45.00 to RM100. 00 (SGD 20.00 – SGD 45.00), depending on the class of the coach. Standard fare is usually at RM 50.00 or SGD 20.00 unless there is special promotion. Duration for bus from KL to Singapore usually takes about 5 hours.
What is the best way to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore?
What is the best way of transport from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore? The best way of transport from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore is to travel by plane. There are a lot of direct flights of various airlines from Asia. There are low-cost flights but also luxury expensive flights.
How long does it take from Malaysia to Singapore by bus?
The duration for bus travel from KL to Singapore usually takes about 5 hours.
What is the best month to visit Penang?
Best Time to Visit Penang
- November to January: This is the best time to go to Penang as the weather is very pleasant and conducive for sightseeing.
- February to April: This is a quieter time to visit Penang as many of the tourists have left after the New Year celebrations.
How many days do you need in Penang?
A five-day stay is ideal for Penang – you can explore further afield as well as enjoy Georgetown, with its awesome food, great street art and generally pleasant vibe! We absolutely loved Penang and could have spent longer than 3 nights there for sure.
Is it safe to travel to Penang?
Penang’s greatest safety issue is petty crime such as pickpocketing, purse snatching, and other types of petty thefts. All in all, Penang is generally safe for travelers, since it is locals who are often the targets of crime. Experienced tourists will encounter almost no problems in Penang.
Can I go to Malaysia from Singapore without visa?
Singaporeans can generally visit Malaysia without a visa. You should not enter or leave Malaysia without having your travel documents processed by a Malaysian immigration officer and ensuring that your passport is stamped correctly. Singapore nationals do not require a visa to enter Malaysia for up to 30 days.
Is Thailand cheaper than Malaysia?
Why is Thailand more expensive than Malaysia? Contrary to what you might expect, Thailand is generally more expensive for visitors than Malaysia. Perhaps the biggest reason for this is because Thailand’s economy is strongly dependent on tourism while Malaysia’s overall economy is more diverse.
What is the best bus from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur?
There are hundreds of coaches from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur that operate on a daily basis. Some of the best coaches to KL (Kuala Lumpur) according to user reviews are Starmart Express, Eltabina Jaya, Firstcoach, Causeway Link, KKKL Travel and Tour Pte Ltd, Transtar Travel, Golden Coach, and The One Travel & Tours.