- 1 How do I use my EZ-Link card on the bus?
- 2 How do I activate my Ezlink ns?
- 3 How can I use my Ezlink card to pay?
- 4 Can I tap my bank card on the bus?
- 5 Can I pay cash for bus in Singapore?
- 6 Is public transport cheap in Singapore?
- 7 What is the best way to get around in Singapore?
- 8 How can I check my EZLink balance online?
- 9 How much does it cost to replace EZ-Link card?
- 10 Can you use EZLink at KFC?
- 11 Can you take money out of EZ-Link?
- 12 How can I use my EZLink card on my phone?
How do I use my EZ-Link card on the bus?
To travel on public transport, simply take out your account-based EZ-Link card and tap on the MRT/LRT fare gantry, or bus fare readers when boarding and alighting*. Please use the same card for entry and exit. The fare reader will display “Account Usage” when your card has been successfully transacted, as shown below.
Card Activation: Head down to any TransitLink Ticket Office with your original NRIC/passport and make a minimum top-up of $10 to activate the card for use on public transport.
Besides using your physical card, you can also pay with your EZ-Link Wallet on our app. We make everyday payments secure and convenient for you – simply scan the QR code to pay!
Can I tap my bank card on the bus?
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa credit or debit card or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal readers. Just look for the contactless payment symbol. Contactless payments are available on all public transport in the Opal network.
Can I pay cash for bus in Singapore?
You can pay for your bus fare using an adult stored value smartcard (EZ-link / Nets FlashPay) or the Singapore Tourist Pass (STP). You can also opt to pay in cash, but make sure you have the exact amount in change. Do note that admin fees apply for foreign-issued bank cards.
Is public transport cheap in Singapore?
In a separate study of 12 major cities, Singapore ranked 2nd in transport fare affordability, just behind San Francisco. Commissioned by the Public Transport Council (PTC), the study also found that Singapore collected the least fare revenue per passenger kilometre travelled among the cities surveyed.
What is the best way to get around in Singapore?
The best way to get around Singapore is via its Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) subway system. This underground network has lines that stretch across the entire city. However, once you’re in the desired neighborhood, walking is your best option. MRT also operates bus routes that can get you just about anywhere on the island.
How can I check my EZLink balance online?
1. You can download the EZLink app to check balance & top up online
- Perform a quick EZLink balance check.
- Check the transaction history of each EZLink card.
- Disable a lost EZLink card.
- Enable EZLink auto top up i.e. EZ-Reload.
- [Only for NFC-enabled phones] Top up your EZLink card.
How much does it cost to replace EZ-Link card?
An EZ-Link card sold at TransitLink Ticket Offices, Concession Card Replacement Offices and Passenger Service Centres costs $12, out of which $7 is stored value for use.
Can you use EZLink at KFC?
EZ-Link payment methods are inclusive of Concession Cards, cards tagged to credit cards and EZ-Link charms. Not valid with other promo codes, offers and discounts. Available at all KFC restaurants except KFC Jewel Changi Airport, KidZania, Sentosa, and Singapore Zoo.
Can you take money out of EZ-Link?
Fret not – top up your EZ-Link card anytime, anywhere! With many islandwide top-up locations, you’ll never run out of funds.
How can I use my EZLink card on my phone?
To use the service, commuters simply tap the fare gantries or card readers with their Mastercard or mobile phone, which must already have Apple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay installed.